Friday, April 8, 2011

How Time Changes Things

It's amazing how a few months can completely alter the way you look at something.  Over two months ago when I first made the walk to DIS I was absolutely amazed by every sight I saw.  And to be fair to me, on the short walk from the train station to DIS there is a lot to see.  However, the other day I started to realized how in the span of these two and a half months some of these sights that once amazed me have become common place in my mind.  As I leave the station I am standing right across from the gates of Tivoli, one of Copenhagen's more well known areas.  As I continue my journey, a few blocks later is city hall.  A magnificently gorgeous building, but one that I have almost stopped noticing.  Keep going and you're standing right outside of Politiken... the source of all the drama about the cartoons that published the images of Mohammad.  All these amazing sights that I know just zoom past on my way to class.  That is one of the reasons I'm so happy to have my parents here in a few hours... It'll will remind me not to take this beautiful city I live in for granted anymore, and I will remember how amazed I first was when I saw everything...and once again my camera will emerge from where it's been quietly sitting. 

My newest adventure I just beginning.  17 days exploring Europe! Copenhagen, Berlin, Prague, London, Bath and Glasgow.  I'll try to update things when I can, but be ready for some longs posts and lots of pictures in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment